Chancery Group – Engineering Consultancy Services
Our primary objective is to provide functional, economical and sustainable solutions with a strong focus on constructability.
As problem solvers, we strive for solutions that achieve our clients’ aspirations. We explore options, proactively approach problem solving and deliver high quality projects that exceed our clients’ expectations.
Our Engineering Consultancy services encompass all project phases from conceptual and feasibility planning to detailed design, construction management to handover.
Consistent high-quality output is central to our service. Our Quality Management System has been ISO certified to ISO 9001:2015. In addition to this, our OH&S Management System is certified to ISO 45001:2018, ensuring that Health and Safety is second nature in everything that we do.
Our team has extensive civil engineering expertise with strong local and international experience across a range of projects encompassing all aspects of Planning, Design and Project Management.
Our civil designs are tailored to your project, and include:
- Topographic surveys
- Feasibility studies
- Sustainable Drainage Design (SuDS)
- Wastewater management
- Geotechnical Design
- Flood Risk Assessments
- Construction Management Plans
Strong communication skills are key to the maintaining project programmes – to that end our engineers take a proactive approach in liaising with Local Authority Water Services & Transport Departments in addition to engineers at Irish Water to ensure that additional information requests are avoided at all stages.
Our team provides exceptional structural advice on all projects regardless of scale. We have completed a myriad of engineering projects across commercial, industrial, residential, retail, education and health sectors, and have specialist expertise in modular systems and temporary works design.
Our structural engineering services include:
- Structural Surveys
- Feasibility Studies
- Preliminary, scheme and detailed structural designs
- Specialist Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Building Information Modelling (BIM)
- Site supervision and construction monitoring
- Risk management
We are constantly striving to improve our systems and approach to deliver innovative cost-effective buildings for our clients by embracing industry developments and new construction products and techniques.
Temporary Works Design
We specialise in the design of economical temporary works design to ensure that your construction works can be carried out successfully and without undue costs and delays.
Our temporary works design services include:
- Construction drawings
- Design calculation pack
- Temporary works design certificate
We endeavour always to provide a high quality, prompt service to facilitate the short time frames that our clients are required to work within. We will proactively liaise with the building owners engineer as required to ensure successful execution of the temporary works on site.
Fire Safety Certificate Applications
Chancery Group has a highly experienced department to provide advice and guidance to the Client in relation to Fire Safety Certificates. Our team has successfully applied for Fire Safety Certificates for projects ranging from apartment units to large industrial developments.
Chancery Group provides the Client with comprehensive drawings and reports in compliance with Technical Guidance Document Part B of The Building Regulations, which are required to submit a valid Fire Safety Certificate application to the relevant Local Authority.
Our services in connection with Fire Safety Certificate applications include:
- Pre-planning building regulations fire safety compliance assessment and technical submissions to accompany planning applications
- Preparation of technical submissions (fire safety reports and supporting drawings) to accompany planning applications in compliance with the various fire, health and safety and planning legislations including the building control and fire services acts
- Provision of expert advice in relation to the application and interpretation of the building control and fire safety legislations
- Structural fire engineering design
- Fire safety audits of existing buildings; preparation of audit reports, specifications and drawings of fire safety improvement works
- Preparation of specifications, drawings and contract documents and supervision of fire safety works
- Fire safety risk assessments
- Conducting and coordinating on-site fire safety provisions; both passive and active fire safety systems
- Certification of compliance with Fire Safety legislation
We strive to deliver the highest standard of fire engineering to all our clients, meeting individual project challenges and requirements.
Disability Access Certificate Applications
Chancery Group has extensive experience in the preparation and submission of Disability Access Certification (DAC) applications for commercial and office units, retail units, health care facilities, industrial units and educational facilities.
Chancery Group will provide the Client with drawings and reports in compliance with Technical Guidance Document Part M of the Building Regulations and all other relevant information needed to submit a valid DAC application to the relevant Building Control Department.
PSDP (Project Supervisor Design Process)
Under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work (Construction) Regulations 2006 the client is required to appoint a Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP) to fulfil the role of the health and safety co-ordinator for the design phase of the project.
Our team are equipped to hold the position of PSDP and will ensure that the work of designers is co-ordinated to meet the relevant Health, Safety and Welfare Requirements for the project.
Upon completion of the project we will produce a safety file for the project for the benefit of the client.
Best Practice Guidance for Clients can be reviewed here.
Under the Building Control Regulations as amended 2014 (BC(a)R), the client is required to appoint an Assigned Certifier. The Assigned Certifier is responsible for the project complying with Parts A – M of the Building Regulations.
Our team of Chartered Engineers and Surveyors have extensive experience in the built environment and can provide a diligent Design and Assigned Certifier service on projects from commencement stage to completion.
We feel that clear unambiguous communication is vital to the successful execution of this role and we meet with designers and contractors prior to commencement to clearly outline our objectives and submission requirements to achieve certification.
Our depth of knowledge and experience enables us to provide prompt, professional, objective and independent investigations and reports.
Our expert services include:
- Pre-purchase surveys
- Structural surveys
- Routine maintenance surveys
- Engineering assessment following events such as fire, storm and flood
Our multidisciplinary approach allows for the client to be equipped with an accurate budget assessment of repairs as appropriate. Our Cost Consultancy team can provide a schedule of repairs at the discretion of the client.
Other additional residential survey services include:
- Boundary Disputes consultation
- “As Built” Surveys
- Declaration of Identity
- Mortgage Property Report certificates.
Building Information Modelling (BIM) aids project delivery through better spatial planning and co-ordination, phased construction and design for manufacturing and assembly off site. Chancery Group are actively involved in the use of BIM and understand the need to collaborate with design teams to unlock the value of BIM.
Chancery Group will tap into our experience in the production of fully collaborated designs, through BIM, to realise the following associated efficiencies:
- Greater clarity for the clients via 3D visual representation
- Improved spatial planning
- Early design team coordination, where clashes are more obvious when compared with working in 2D;
- More competitive tender pricing due to greater design clarity
- Reduced project risk for our clients and designers
Our industry is evolving and there are significant developments still required across all aspects of construction projects to truly embrace the full BIM process. Greater collaboration between architects, engineers and contractors will unlock the full benefit of the BIM process. Chancery Group can provide exceptional BIM advice and output as we can offer the following expertise as part of our service:
- BIM Execution Plan (BEP) production;
- Guidance on CIC BIM Protocol adoption;
- BS1192:2007 naming convention use;
- Common Data Environment layout & use;
- Structural drawings are derived from Revit Structures;
- Clash avoidance;
- LEAN construction & BIM synergies.
For more information about any of our services, please contact us.