Quantity Surveying & Cost Consultancy
Chancery Group Quantity Surveying & Cost Consultancy Services team provides a comprehensive range of value added services to clients across a variety of construction sectors; from one-off domestic residential developments to multimillion euro complex commercial, retail, leisure, healthcare, industrial, pharmaceutical and education projects. We provide these services from initial feasibility stage to project completion for both private and public sector clients
Cost Consultancy & Quantity Surveying – Cost Planning & Budgets
Early engagement of a Quantity Survey on your project is proven to add value, maintain budgets and control costs! This process includes:
- Establishing the viability of a project and setting an accurate budget at project inception.
- Feasibility studies to establish accurate initial project budgets based on outline scheme sketch designs and conceptual drawings.
- Development budgets including accurate estimates for construction costs and other associated project costs such as local authority fees, design fees and development levies.
- Planning for all costs, including accurate cash flow forecasts for projects from design to handover.
- Cost analysis at all stages of design to identify cost efficiencies and eradicate inefficient designs or materials.
- Value engineering services. Identifying potential savings, more cost-efficient construction methods and materials, and alternative tendering & procurement routes to reduce costs whilst maintaining the client brief and scope of works.
Quantity Surveying & Cost Consultancy – Cost Management
We believe in not only cost reporting but also cost managing projects. We will assess risks to construction and project costs, mitigate against risks and develop solutions to unavoidable risks using our market intelligence. This process includes:
- Proactively managing construction costs by continuous review of design drawings to ensure the best value and most cost-efficient design solutions are provided to achieve the client’s goal.
- Cost advice on lower-cost alternative materials and construction methods ensuring we add value to your project.
- Valuations and agreement of works in progress with contractors and recommendations for payments to an agreed monthly or other schedule.
- Assessment, analysis & negotiation of costs for changes made to the brief during the works programme.
- Accurate forecasting of final account costs through close monitoring and control of all project costs.
- Providing comprehensive financial reports at each stage of clients’ projects, including updated risk assessments and cash flow forecasts
- Re-measurement of works on project completion to ensure omissions and savings are identified. Negotiation and agreement of savings and of final accounts with contractors
Quantity Surveying & Cost Consultancy – Tendering
We are committed to accurate, competitive market rate pricing of your project.
- Preparation of all tender pricing documentation, analysis of tenders returned and recommendations on selection of the most suitable contractor.
- Accurate assessment of client contingency requirements based on current market conditions, project programme and client priorities.
- Full take-off of quantities based on project design drawings and specification to ensure accurate fully identified contract costs before you commit.
- Review of project design and specification documents, including advising design consultants on ambiguities, inconsistencies and incomplete information to ensure completeness of drawn information.
Quantity Surveying & Cost Consultancy – Contract & Procurement
We help you procure and contract your project and maintain budgets, while ensuring compliance with the relevant public-sector regulations and private-sector guidelines.
- Advice on the most appropriate contract to use depending on the size, programme, value and complexity of a client’s project.
- Advice on how and when to procure your projects in both private and public tendering routes, ensuring the best value is obtained from the right contractor for the right scope.
- We offer full development integrated procurement services, including the procurement of the full design team, and through our in-house engineering and project management teams, we can guarantee better, faster and more cost-efficient project outcomes.
- Members of the Chancery Group QS team have additional qualifications and expertise in contract law, contract administration and Irish and EU procurement regulations, legislation and directives.
- Our procurement and tendering advice is tailored according to sector and specific client priorities such as programme and budget, ensuring full compliance with legislation and the provision of a fully auditable procurement and tendering process.
Quantity Surveying & Cost Consultancy – Specialist Services
These specialised services may be required depending on the client brief and project scope.
- Independent project monitor role for banking institutions, lenders and equity partners in projects where our clients have a direct interest in the successful completion of a project on time and budget, but have no direct control over the project’s delivery.
- Contractor and sub-contractor estimating and pricing including preparation of single trade estimates and pricing of small and large-scale tenders for contractors, based on current market benchmark pricing data.
- Dispute resolution, expert witness, arbitration and mediation services, including final account submissions and settlements.
- Loss assessment and cost estimates for insurance claims for building defects and flood or other building damage
For more information about any of our Quantity Surveying & Cost Consultancy services, please contact us.